Tuesday, November 13, 2007

PINKLOSOPHY

An invitation by curator, Michael Lee Hong Hwee to participate in:

Autobiobliophiles
artist who makes or use books,
Studio Bibliotheque, Hong Kong
2007







A letter to the curator which was not 'entirely' granted:

Hi Mike,

As requested, everything are attached.

However, the set-up requirements need a little
participation from you. It will be a collaboration.

As you've seen in the previous exhibition in basheer –
the 'PINKLOSOPHY' book is placed amongst books which I
have chosen in Basheer bookstore. What I have selected
were books related to my practice, beliefs and
influences. Some were picked by its title as well as
judged by its cover.

I hereby request a similar act; to have a selection
from your book collection – representing anything that
is related to my practice, belief or influences, to be
placed among my 'PINKLOSOPHY' book. The set up would be
a compound of books on a rack or shelf (dependant on
your curatorship. I do not mind) rather than a
solitary one. The compound of books itself would be a
'community' of a common belief.

- lilpinkdevil

P.S. Do call me if there's further queries.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home